Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Dhir Kharia <Dh...@hcl.com> on 2012/01/09 15:48:28 UTC

Excel file protection using Apache POI

Hi,

I want to protect the complete excel sheet with a password. Which means as soon as I try to open the excel sheet I should be able to view the contents of the workbook only after entering the password.
I am using apache POI 3.7. I tried using but the API says it protects the worksheet from editing which is not what I want!!!

Kindly help me out as I need the solution in urgency!!

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhir Kharia.

________________________________
::DISCLAIMER::

RE: Excel file protection using Apache POI

Posted by Al...@Instinet.com.
I think Aspose provides this feature (www.aspose.com).  This is commercial
software, though

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Dhir Kharia <Dh...@hcl.com>                                                                                                       |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |POI Users List <us...@poi.apache.org>                                                                                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |01/10/2012 04:41 AM                                                                                                                     |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |RE: Excel file protection using Apache POI                                                                                              |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

Thanks for the information Mr Yegor.
Can anyone suggest another software that provides the facility or support
creation of password protection workbooks?

Kindly help me out as I need the solution in urgency!!

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhir Kharia
POI doesn't support creation of password protection workbooks at the
moment.

Yegor

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Dhir Kharia <Dh...@hcl.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I want to protect the complete excel sheet with a password. Which means
as soon as I try to open the excel sheet I should be able to view the
contents of the workbook only after entering the password.
> I am using apache POI 3.7. I tried using but the API says it protects the
worksheet from editing which is not what I want!!!

> Kindly help me out as I need the solution in urgency!!
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Dhir Kharia.
>
> ________________________________
> ::DISCLAIMER::

intended for the named recipient(s) only.
> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect
the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
modification, distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. Before opening any mail and

<<<Disclaimer>>>

In compliance with applicable rules and regulations, Instinet
reviews and archives incoming and outgoing email communications,
copies of which may be produced at the request of regulators.
This message is intended only for the personal and confidential
use of the recipients named above.  If the reader of this email
is not the intended recipient, you have received this email in
error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately by return email and
permanently delete the copy you received.

Instinet accepts no liability for any content contained in the
email, or any errors or omissions arising as a result of email
transmission. Any opinions contained in this email constitute
the sender's best judgment at this time and are subject to change
without notice.   Instinet does not make recommendations of a
particular security and the information contained in this email
should not be considered as a recommendation, an offer or a
solicitation of an offer to buy and sell securities.

RE: Excel file protection using Apache POI

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.