Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Veerappan Sridhar <vs...@novell.com> on 2005/06/23 15:31:29 UTC

Help me - how to pass retreived database values to Javascript

Hi,
 Pls help how i can get the database values in javascript.
I got list of values retrieved from backend and stored in arraylist
like
$alroles,
 so now i can pass these values to javascript and access.
Scenario:
i have n number of text box,the text box(i) contains some values that
values should be checked with the backend values for that i need a
function to pass and compare in javascript.

So pls help me

Thanks
Sridhar
>>> isidore@setgame.com 06/22/05 3:38 PM >>>
ok, so we have a few velocity tools that make life very nice, i would
like
to add these in.

ContextAware
this is a simple interface that allows you to merge and cascade
controllers.

VelocityParser
with contextAware this allows for nice simple calls to merge templates
in
different forms, with common context tools.

then we have changes to the uberspect, which i believe should by
default be
loaded in the dev core.
TestableUberspect - throws an exception when you try to call a context
or
method that does not exist.
at least 99% of the time, if you call a method that does not exist, it
is a
typo. this makes it very noticeable. of course this shouldn't go to the

deployment default, as it's best to fail silently if errors make it to
that
side.

Error messages tend to be incorrectly formed here.

Personally, i like velocity. Even gave a talk on it at my local JUG,
but if
it is too grow then you will need developers to join and contribute.
Here
you have one, who's just asking for a hand getting started...

        Llewellyn.

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@savoirweb.com>.
Once again, please post your questions on the users list.

Plus, be kind enough to write a new mail instead of replying to a mail
from another thread.

Velocity is server-side, Javascript is client-side, so they cannot
interact. What you can do is generate Javascript code using Velocity.

--
Claude