Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by John Yang <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/23 03:47:52 UTC

Request for a new JIRA component

Hello,

it would be great if someone could create a new JIRA component: REEF
Runtime Mesos, or instruct me on how to do it.

I believe the project administrator has the authority to make it happen. (
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Component)

I plan to register the following issues under it:

   - Launch REEF Driver on a Mesos slave node
   - Mesos driver stops before receiving TASK_FINISHED (confusing status on
   Mesos web UI)
   - Make configurable (Mesos Slave port, Mesos Framework user name)
   - Support HA REEF Driver on Mesos
   - Better Mesos resource request mapping(rack/node locality &priority)
   - Migrate and use reef-runtime-local/process for Evaluator processes in
   Mesos Executors
   - Integrate reef-tests on Mesos into CI cycle
   - Explore better ways of mapping Mesos Executor/Task to REEF
   Evaluator/Task
   - Refactor MesosRemoteManager using Tang
   - Expose Mesos offers to REEF users

Note that I probably won't be able to work on them myself for a while.

Thanks,
John

Re: Request for a new JIRA component

Posted by John Yang <jo...@gmail.com>.