Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2018/01/09 03:43:28 UTC

[VOTE] The second hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 Release Candidate is available for download

The second release candidate for HBase 2.0.0-beta-1 is up at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.0-beta-1-RC1/

Maven artifacts are available from a staging directory here:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1190

All was signed with my key at 8ACC93D2 [1]

I tagged the RC as 2.0.0-beta-1-RC1.5 (It took a few attempts) at
hash 4c31374a90a487e19a6ef04d7b7adba43dd92ecf

This second RC has fix nice bug fixes over RC0 including fix for failing
and flakey tests.

hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 is our first beta release. It includes all that was in
previous alphas (new assignment manager, offheap read/write path, in-memory
compactions, etc.). The APIs and feature-set are sealed.

hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 is a not-for-production preview of hbase-2.0.0. It is
meant for devs and downstreamers to test drive and flag us if we messed up
on anything ahead of our rolling GAs. We are particular interested in
hearing from Coprocessor developers.

The list of features addressed in 2.0.0 so far can be found here [3]. There
are thousands. The list of ~2k+ fixes in 2.0.0 exclusively can be found
here [4] (My JIRA JQL foo is a bit dodgy -- forgive me if mistakes).

I've updated our overview doc. on the state of 2.0.0 [6]. We'll do one more
beta before we put up our first 2.0.0 Release Candidate by the end of
January, 2.0.0-beta-2. Its focus will be making it so users can do a
rolling upgrade on to hbase-2.x from hbase-1.x (and any bug fixes found
running beta-1). Here is the list of what we have targeted so far for
beta-2 [5]. Check it out.

One known issue is that the User API has not been properly filtered so it
shows more than just InterfaceAudience Public content (HBASE-19663, to be
fixed by beta-2).

Please take this beta for a spin. Please vote on whether it ok to put out
this RC as our first beta (Note CHANGES has not yet been updated). Let the
VOTE be open for 72 hours (Wednesday evening)

Thanks,
Your 2.0.0 Release Manager

1. http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9816C7FC8ACC93D2
3. https://goo.gl/scYjJr
4. https://goo.gl/dFFT8b
5. https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/HBASE/versions/12340862
6. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WCsVlnHjJeKUcl7wHwqb4
z9iEu_ktczrlKHK8N4SZzs/

Re: [VOTE] The second hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 Release Candidate is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thanks Andrew.

Let me work on this.

RC is sunk. Will put up a new one after I address the above failure.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:37 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:

> "Remaining KVs" field in master WebUI shows negative values... Is that
> tracked anywhere?

No.

Yeah, this one is sunk. Trying to put up a new one. Taking a while!

Thanks JMS (and Balazs, Yu Li....).

St.Ack

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Balazs Meszaros <ba...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Linux here.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The second hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 Release Candidate is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Andrew:

I don't see this:

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]  T E S T S
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Running
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestMemstoreLABWithoutPool
[INFO] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
4.409 s - in org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestMemstoreLABWithoutPool
[INFO]
[INFO] Results:
[INFO]

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
-1

Checked sums and signatures: ok
RAT check passes: ok (8u144)
Built from source: ok (8u144)
Unit tests pass: failed (8u144), TestMemstoreLABWithoutPool always fails

TestMemstoreLABWithoutPool.org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestMemstoreLABWithoutPool
can fail with OOME if not run in isolation.

If run in isolation, I get

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestMemstoreLABWithoutPool.testLABChunkQueueWithMultipleMSLABs(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestMemstoreLABWithoutPool)

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The second hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 Release Candidate is available for download

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Just filed HBASE-19769 after Rajeshbabu and I did lots of digging. We
should probably fix before rolling an RC2, but I'm not sold on a clear
path to fix it. Feedback welcome up there, all.