Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Pfau, Oliver" <ol...@siemens.com> on 2007/03/01 14:39:45 UTC

Navigation with onclick and commandButton

Hi,

I have a onclick JavaScript function on a commanButton. When user clicks
the button, the button will be disabled to avoid double submit. But with
the definition of a onclick function the navigation fails. My button
leads to another JSP. Without onclick it works fine. With onclick the
same page refreshs.
Any idea ?

Regards,
Oliver

Re: Navigation with onclick and commandButton

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@rhe.co.nz>.
Pfau, Oliver wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a onclick JavaScript function on a commanButton. When user clicks
> the button, the button will be disabled to avoid double submit. But with
> the definition of a onclick function the navigation fails. My button
> leads to another JSP. Without onclick it works fine. With onclick the
> same page refreshs.
> Any idea ?

The standard behaviour of HTML is for the submit to be cancelled if the
onclick function returns false. Are you sure the page is submitting at all?

try:
   onclick="doMyStuff(); return true;"