Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Al...@SoftHome.Net on 2002/05/28 11:05:43 UTC

Need your HELP - Compile Error

Dear all,

I am new in XMl and XSL, I want to produce PDF output from XML and XSL using
FOP. I tried to compile source code (Shakespearean Sonnet) that i found in :
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/education/transforming-xml/xmltopdf/in
dex.html

here are the result when i tried to compile :
i attached xml, dtd and xsl source code  ---
Please i need your advise ....

Terima kasih,
Ali
[DEBUG]: Input mode:
[DEBUG]: xslt transformation
[DEBUG]: xml input file: c:\ali\sonnet\xmlsonnet.xml
[DEBUG]: xslt stylesheet: c:\ali\sonnet\xslsonnet.xsl
[DEBUG]: Output mode:
[DEBUG]: pdf
[DEBUG]: output file: c:\ali\alis2.pdf
[DEBUG]: OPTIONS
[DEBUG]: no user configuration file is used [default]
[DEBUG]: debug mode on
[DEBUG]: dump configuration
[DEBUG]: quiet mode on
[DEBUG]: base directory: file:/c:/ali/sonnet/
[INFO]: FOP 0.20.3
[DEBUG]: using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
[INFO]: building formatting object tree
[DEBUG]: setting up fonts
[ERROR]:
org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException:
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:486)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.run(CommandLineStarter.java:72)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:19)

---------

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TrAXFilter.parse(TrAXFilter.java:137)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:481)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.run(CommandLineStarter.java:72)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:19)

---------

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.j
ava, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:2894)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
---------
java.lang.NullPointerException:
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Flow.setFlowName(Flow.java:98)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Flow.<init>(Flow.java:77)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Flow$Maker.make(Flow.java:28)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:261)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.QueuedStartElement.flush(QueuedStartElement.jav
a:286)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.ResultTreeHandler.flushPending(ResultTreeHandle
r.java:774)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.ResultTreeHandler.endElement(ResultTreeHandler.
java:283)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForEach.ja
va, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplates.jav
a:193)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Transform
erImpl.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Transform
erImpl.java:2097)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(Transformer
Impl.java:2029)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.j
ava, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:2894)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

C:\Rsearch\bin\fop-0.20.3>

Re: Need your HELP - Compile Error

Posted by Al...@SoftHome.Net.
Thanks J.Pietschmann ,
It's work.

Terima kasih,

Ali

> I am new in XMl and XSL, I want to produce PDF output from XML and XSL
using
> FOP. I tried to compile source code (Shakespearean Sonnet) that i found in
:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/education/transforming-xml/xmltopdf/in
> dex.html
>
> here are the result when i tried to compile :
> i attached xml, dtd and xsl source code  ---
> Please i need your advise ....

The XSL file in question is defective. Perhaps it
has been corrupted during download.

> <fo:page-sequence >

This elements requires a master reference attribute. Use
  <fo:page-sequence master-reference="simple">

>    <fo:flow>

This elements requires a flow name. Use
  <fo:flow slow-name="xsl-region-body">

There are more, non-fatal flaws. Try to use the
examples distributed with FOP.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Need your HELP - Compile Error

Posted by Al...@SoftHome.Net.
Yeah you ar right too,
from that source "xsl code" using :

<fo:simple-page-master
          page-master-name="main"

and now based on  release notes from Apache. it changed to :

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="main"

ali

At 9:16 pm +0200 28/5/02, J.Pietschmann wrote:
>Ali_Binus@SoftHome.Net wrote:
>>I am new in XMl and XSL, I want to produce PDF output from XML and XSL
using
>>FOP. I tried to compile source code (Shakespearean Sonnet) that i found in
:
>>http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/education/transforming-xml/xmltopdf/
index.html

>>here are the result when i tried to compile :
>>i attached xml, dtd and xsl source code  ---
>>Please i need your advise ....
>
>The XSL file in question is defective. Perhaps it
>has been corrupted during download.
>
>><fo:page-sequence >
>
>This elements requires a master reference attribute. Use
> <fo:page-sequence master-reference="simple">

I don't think that it has been corrupted. I think that
it is out of date, and the XSL-FO specification has
changed. If memory serves, I sent feedback to the IBM
site, though I think that the author of those (otherwise
very well written pages) has moved on.

Ben.

Re: Need your HELP - Compile Error

Posted by ewitness - Ben Fowler <bf...@ewitness.co.uk>.