Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Trung Tran <tr...@brightcloud.com> on 2014/04/30 01:56:16 UTC

Connect Cassandra rings in datacenter and ec2

Hi,

We're planning to deploy 3 cassandra rings, one in our datacenter (with
more node/power) and two others in EC2. We don't have enough public IP to
assign for each individual node in our data center, so i wonder how could
we connect the cluster together?

Have any one tried this before, and if this is a good way to deploy
cassandra?

Thanks,
Trung.

Re: Connect Cassandra rings in datacenter and ec2

Posted by Ben Bromhead <be...@instaclustr.com>.
You will need to have the nodes running on AWS in a VPC.

You can then configure a VPN to work with your VPC, see http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonVPC/latest/UserGuide/VPC_VPN.html. Also as you will have multiple VPN connections (from your private DC and the other AWS region) AWS CloudHub will be the way to go http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonVPC/latest/UserGuide/VPN_CloudHub.html.

Additionally to access your Cassandra instances from your other VPCs you can use VPC peering (within the same region). See http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonVPC/latest/UserGuide/vpc-peering.html

Ben Bromhead
Instaclustr | www.instaclustr.com | @instaclustr | +61 415 936 359

Posted by Chris Lohfink <cl...@blackbirdit.com>.