Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Cris Daniluk <cr...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/06 19:31:46 UTC

Doc generator

The doc generator is coming along, but I'm starting to get a little
concerned about how to integrate it into Cayenne. It carries a lot of weight
in the form of WSDL and its dependencies - Axis, WSDL4J, blah blah blah. I
figured I would wrap all this in an ant task that was included in the
cayenne-ant project. Even if I used XML-RPC instead of SOAP, though, it
would bring a lot of baggage in the form of jars.

Should we add a separate project maybe? The only downside to this is anyone
who wants to run "ant release" will need to have it checked out and compiled
to generate the docs.

Cris

Re: Doc generator

Posted by Cris Daniluk <cr...@gmail.com>.
Cool... cayenne-other probably makes the most sense. I'm working on making
it export xdoc-compliant code right now, to let it handle TOC and template
generation. So far, the content that is being spit out seems like xdoc will
render it well, but will have to wait till its all done to see if the
approach is as clean as I'd like.

The content rendering is a little kludgy because Confluence 2.x can't
delegate link generation like Confluence 1.x could (since Snipsnap is no
longer the rendering engine). We basically either have to reparse the
content for link substitution and minor tweaks, or parse the content
entirely ourselves.

Cris

Re: Doc generator

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.