Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Leo Nikolaev <ni...@kasatkina.org> on 2021/08/02 20:59:14 UTC

Re: guacamole broken on Safari

Okay, I’ve done some triaging by building and checking manually some commits.

Commit 037ed21 is definetely okay, and it even has the logout support, so fits perfectly.

There is a bunch of commits at 8th of July then, and the last of them, dd86130 is completely broken.

Commit cc239b6e has the bug with Safari.

So I think bug was introduced somewhere at 8th of July, will try to test more commits.

Cheers,
Leo

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
This should now be fixed via
https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/pull/639. The issue was that an
old CSS class, "tiled-client-list", was replaced with a corresponding
directive, "guac-tiled-clients" via commit c990043, but the style rule that
referenced "tiled-client-list" was not updated accordingly.

Michael Jumper
CEO, Lead Developer
Glyptodon Inc <https://glyp.to/>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Posted by Leo Nikolaev <ni...@kasatkina.org>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Posted by Leo Nikolaev <ni...@kasatkina.org>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Posted by Leo Nikolaev <ni...@kasatkina.org>.

Posted by Leo Nikolaev <ni...@kasatkina.org>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
Ah, OK.

Posted by Leo Nikolaev <ni...@kasatkina.org>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Posted by Leo Nikolaev <ni...@kasatkina.org>.
Okay, I found it.

Safari bug is in the GUACAMOLE-724 series of commits.
Broken commit: c2b2522 - GUACAMOLE-724: Correct rendering of tiled clients on IE10+ by migrating to grid layout.

Last working commit: 09288b7

Steps to reproduce:

1. Checkout commit:

git checkout c2b2522

2. Cherry-pick fix from GUACAMOLE-641:

git cherry-pick -m 1 037ed212

3. Build docker image:

docker build -t guacamole/guacamole:c2b2522 .

4. Run it any way you like.

5. IMPORTANT: Clear Safari cache.

Should I make a video?

Cheers,