Posted to announcements@xml.apache.org by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com> on 2010/04/27 19:47:27 UTC

Xerces-C++ 3.1.1 released

Hi,

I am pleased to announce the release of Xerces-C++ 3.1.1. This version
is a bug-fix release and is binary-compatible with Xerces-C++ 3.1.0.
It also adds project and solution files for Visual Studio 2010 (10.0).

The following bugs have been fixed in this version compared to the
previous release (3.1.0):

XERCESC-1920 XERCESC-1919 XERCESC-1918 XERCESC-1916 XERCESC-1914
XERCESC-1913 XERCESC-1912 XERCESC-1911 XERCESC-1907

For the compete list of changes see:

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/releases.html

This release is available in source code and as pre-compiled
libraries/examples for the following platforms and architectures:

32 bit:

   Windows - MSVC 7.1
   Windows - MSVC 8.0
   Windows - MSVC 9.0
   Windows - MSVC 10.0
   GNU/Linux - g++ 3.4.x
   AIX 5.3 - xlC 7
   Solaris 10 - Sun C++ 5.10, both SPARC and x86
   HP-UX 11i - aCC A.06.x, IA64
   Mac OS X - g++ 4.0, x86

64 bit:

   Windows - MSVC 8.0
   Windows - MSVC 9.0
   Windows - MSVC 10.0
   GNU/Linux - g++ 3.4.x
   AIX 5.3 - xlC 7
   Solaris 10 - Sun C++ 5.7, both SPARC and x86-64
   HP-UX 11i - aCC A.06.x, IA64

The source code archives and pre-compiled libraries are available
from the download page:

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/download.cgi

Note that it takes up to 24 hours for the release to propagate to all
the mirrors so use the master distribution directory if the files are
not yet available on your favorite mirror. It is important that you
verify the integrity of the files you download using either the PGP
signatures or MD5 checksums as described on the download page.

Finally I would like to thank all who contributed source code,
submitted bug reports, and helped test the release.

Enjoy,
	Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis        http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog