Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "ravi_suryavanshi.yahoo.com via user" <us...@flink.apache.org> on 2023/03/09 17:39:07 UTC

Re: Are the Table API Connectors production ready?

 Hi,Can anyone help me here?
Thanks and regards,Ravi
    On Monday, 27 February, 2023 at 09:33:18 am IST, ravi_suryavanshi.yahoo.com via user <us...@flink.apache.org> wrote:

 Hi Team,

In Flink 1.16.0, we would like to use some of the Table API Connectors for production. Kindly let me know if the below connectors are production ready or only for testing purposes.

| Name | Version | Source | Sink |
| Filesystem |  | Bounded and Unbounded Scan, Lookup | Streaming Sink, Batch Sink |
| Elasticsearch | 6.x & 7.x | Not supported | Streaming Sink, Batch Sink |
| Opensearch | 1.x & 2.x | Not supported | Streaming Sink, Batch Sink |
| Apache Kafka | 0.10+ | Unbounded Scan | Streaming Sink, Batch Sink |
| Amazon DynamoDB |  | Not supported | Streaming Sink, Batch Sink |
| Amazon Kinesis Data Streams |  | Unbounded Scan | Streaming Sink |
| Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose |  | Not supported | Streaming Sink |
| JDBC |  | Bounded Scan, Lookup | Streaming Sink, Batch Sink |
| Apache HBase | 1.4.x & 2.2.x | Bounded Scan, Lookup | Streaming Sink, Batch Sink |
| Apache Hive |

Thanks and regards

Re: Are the Table API Connectors production ready?

Posted by "ravi_suryavanshi.yahoo.com via user" <us...@flink.apache.org>.
Thank you All.

    On Tuesday, 14 March, 2023 at 07:14:05 am IST, yuxia <lu...@alumni.sjtu.edu.cn> wrote:

 The plan shows the filters has been pushed down. But remeber, although pused down, the filesystem table won't accept the filter. So, it'll be still like scan
all files.

Best regards,
Yuxia

On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 8:55 AM Hang Ruan < [ mailto:ruanhang1993@gmail.com | ruanhang1993@gmail.com ] > wrote:

Hi, yuxia,
I would like to help to complete this task.

Best,
Hang

yuxia < [ mailto:luoyuxia@alumni.sjtu.edu.cn | luoyuxia@alumni.sjtu.edu.cn ] > 于2023年3月13日周一 09:32写道:

BQ_BEGIN

Yeah, you're right. We don't provide filtering files with patterns. And actually we had already a jira[1] for it.
I was intended to do this in the past, but don't have much time. Anyone who are insterested can take it over. We're
happy to help review.

[1] [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-17398 | https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-17398 ]

Best regards,
Yuxia

I want to use the Filesystem Connector. I tried it works well till it is running. If the job is restarted. It processes all the files again.

Could not find the move or delete option after collecting the files. Also, I could not find the filtering using patterns.

Pattern matching is required as different files exist in the same folder.

Regards,
Ravi
On Friday, 10 March, 2023 at 05:47:27 am IST, Shammon FY < [ mailto:zjureel@gmail.com | zjureel@gmail.com ] > wrote:

Hi Ravi

Agree with Yaroslav and if you find any problems in use, you can create an issue in jira [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20FLINK | https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20FLINK ] . I have used kafka/jdbc/hive in production too, they work well.

Best,
Shammon

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 1:42 AM Yaroslav Tkachenko < [ mailto:yaroslav@goldsky.com | yaroslav@goldsky.com ] > wrote:

BQ_BEGIN

Hi Ravi,

All of them should be production ready. I've personally used half of them in production.

Do you have any specific concerns?

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 9:39 AM [ http://ravi_suryavanshi.yahoo.com/ | ravi_suryavanshi.yahoo.com ] via user < [ mailto:user@flink.apache.org | user@flink.apache.org ] > wrote:

BQ_BEGIN

Hi,
Can anyone help me here?

Thanks and regards,
Ravi

On Monday, 27 February, 2023 at 09:33:18 am IST, [ http://ravi_suryavanshi.yahoo.com/ | ravi_suryavanshi.yahoo.com ] via user < [ mailto:user@flink.apache.org | user@flink.apache.org ] > wrote:

Hi Team,

In Flink 1.16.0, we would like to use some of the Table API Connectors for production. Kindly let me know if the below connectors are production ready or only for testing purposes.

Name Version Source Sink [ https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.16/docs/connectors/table/filesystem/ | Filesystem ] 		Bounded and Unbounded Scan, Lookup 	Streaming Sink, Batch Sink
[ https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.16/docs/connectors/table/elasticsearch/ | Elasticsearch ] 	6.x & 7.x 	Not supported 	Streaming Sink, Batch Sink
[ https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.16/docs/connectors/table/opensearch/ | Opensearch ] 	1.x & 2.x 	Not supported 	Streaming Sink, Batch Sink
[ https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.16/docs/connectors/table/kafka/ | Apache Kafka ] 	0.10+ 	Unbounded Scan 	Streaming Sink, Batch Sink
[ https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.16/docs/connectors/table/dynamodb/ | Amazon DynamoDB ] 		Not supported 	Streaming Sink, Batch Sink
[ https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.16/docs/connectors/table/kinesis/ | Amazon Kinesis Data Streams ] 		Unbounded Scan 	Streaming Sink
[ https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.16/docs/connectors/table/firehose/ | Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose ] 		Not supported 	Streaming Sink
[ https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.16/docs/connectors/table/jdbc/ | JDBC ] 		Bounded Scan, Lookup 	Streaming Sink, Batch Sink
[ https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.16/docs/connectors/table/hbase/ | Apache HBase ] 	1.4.x & 2.2.x 	Bounded Scan, Lookup 	Streaming Sink, Batch Sink
[ https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.16/docs/connectors/table/hive/overview/ | Apache Hive ]

Thanks and regards

BQ_END

BQ_END

BQ_END

--
Maryam Moafimadani
Senior Data Developer @ [ http://www.shopify.com/ | Shopify ]

Re: Are the Table API Connectors production ready?

Posted by Maryam Moafimadani via user <us...@flink.apache.org>.
Hi All,

--
Maryam Moafimadani
Senior Data Developer @Shopify <http://www.shopify.com/>

Re: Are the Table API Connectors production ready?

Posted by yuxia <lu...@alumni.sjtu.edu.cn>.
Thanks Hang for taking it. Assigned to you~

Posted by Hang Ruan <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi, yuxia,

Posted by Shammon FY <zj...@gmail.com>.
Hi ravi

Do you read streaming data with filesystem connector? By default, the file
system is bound. If you need to read streaming data, you can look at the
configuration `source.monitor.interval` in
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/connectors/table/filesystem/#directory-watching,
and see whether your job is executed in streaming mode and trigger
checkpoint regularly.

Best,
Shammon

Posted by Shammon FY <zj...@gmail.com>.