Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> on 2021/02/01 10:55:16 UTC

Re: Release management and project website management going forward; was Re: website + releases documentation publication structure

Am 2021-01-30 um 19:51 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
> Folks
>
> I see three possible ways forward
>
> 2. I continue acting as a RM but my responsibilities end once I have
> delivered release content to
> http://hc.apache.org/components/httpcomponents-xxx-xxx. Someone else
> steps in and completely takes over the project website management
> including release updates and release announcements.

Let's clarify this point please. At which point do you want to stop here?
You will run "mvn site:stage && mvn scm-publish:publish-scm", but not
after auccess vote copy from LATEST to XXX with svn(1)?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2021-02-01 at 11:55 +0100, Michael Osipov wrote:
> Am 2021-01-30 um 19:51 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
> > Folks
> >
> > I see three possible ways forward
> >
> > 2. I continue acting as a RM but my responsibilities end once I
> > have
> > delivered release content to
> > http://hc.apache.org/components/httpcomponents-xxx-xxx. Someone
> > else
> > steps in and completely takes over the project website management
> > including release updates and release announcements.
>
> Let's clarify this point please. At which point do you want to stop
> here?
> You will run "mvn site:stage && mvn scm-publish:publish-scm", but
> not
> after auccess vote copy from LATEST to XXX with svn(1)?

After a successful release vote I will upload the content generated
with `mvn site:stage` either with `mvn scm-publish:publish-scm` or a
custom script.

The website content itself is NOT subject to the release vote.

Oleg