Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu> on 2001/12/18 19:04:30 UTC

Way to alias/redirect index.html to a servlet with Tomcat 4 in standalone mode?

This is probably a newbie question, but, it's something that I've been
meaning to find the answer to for awhile.

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.1 in standalone mode. What I want to do is be able to
assign an alias to a servlet so that a user can just enter the name of an
HTML file to access the servlet rather than have to use a prefix such as
/servlet or something else.

I think with normal Apache Web Server you can create an alias to do this.
Does anyone know if this is possible using Tomcat in standalone mode?

Would I have to use a HTTP redirect? If so, how do I go about doing that?

Jon