Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Paul Duncan <Pa...@yolus.com> on 2006/02/07 17:57:22 UTC

Ant Property Names

Hello,

How long can an Ant Property name be?  What characters am I allowed to
put in an Ant property name?  I am setting Ant properties with names set
according to the values of macrodef attributes and want to ensure that I
will not potentially attempt to set an invalid name.  I am using Ant
1.6.2.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul Duncan

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination
of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that
e-mails are susceptible to change. Yolus Limited shall not be responsible for
the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system.

Yolus Limited does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has
been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions
or interference.

Re: Ant Property Names

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Paul Duncan <Pa...@yolus.com> wrote:

> How long can an Ant Property name be?

No limit.

> What characters am I allowed to put in an Ant property name?

Any.  But you won't be able to use a property whose name contains the
character } from inside your build file.

Also XML sets certain limits on the characters you can use inside the
build file (characters < 32 except for the whitespace characters are
illegal, for example).

Stefan