Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Leslie Tighe <le...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/18 07:23:44 UTC

Axis 1.2.1 to .NET Interoperability Question

Hello,

I have webservice created with Axis 1.2.1 and that I am trying to consuming in .NET (VB) using the Microsoft provided tools. While I am able to consume methods on the service that return simple type, I cannot consume methods that return complex objects. I have tried experimenting, with this, but am at a bit of loss on where the problem lies. When I call the services from a browser, I do get back the response that contains valid data. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.   I have attached supporting files.  For the purpose of an example, I am using the getLogin method.

Thanks in advance.
Leslie

---------------------------------

Re: Axis 1.2.1 to .NET Interoperability Question

Posted by Leslie Tighe <le...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Anne,

On the .NET side, when I try to consume a complex object, all the attributes in that object are empty.  For example, if try to call the getLogin() method which returns WSLogin, I get an object with nothing in it. However, if I call the methods from the browser, its pulling the correct data so I am thinking that there is problem in they way that I have things set for .NET.

Any suggestions on what the problem maybe?

Thanks
Leslie

Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com> wrote:
What problems are you experiencing?

---------------------------------

Re: Axis 1.2.1 to .NET Interoperability Question

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ilias Bartolini <il...@studio.unibo.it>.
On Monday 18 July 2005 07:23, Leslie Tighe wrote:
> Hello,
> I have webservice created with Axis 1.2.1 and that I am trying to consuming
> in .NET (VB) using the Microsoft provided tools. While I am able to consume

try adding a non empty soapAction="" in the WSDL you feed to .NET

Ilias
--
/**
 * Reply to: ilias.bartolini(at)studio.unibo.it