Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2002/06/21 01:48:26 UTC

[SUBMIT] configuration test JSP

Right, here is an iteration of the happy axis jsp that looks at the system
and probes for various classes and prints out helpful messages pointing
readers at download urls.

Mandatory JARS: axis, jaxrpc, saaj.
Optional JARs: activation, mail
Optional resources: server-config.wsdd
(optional cos you may be about to run the admin client against the server)

if anything we need is missing, the response is a 500 error, that something
will pick up. so you can use it during an automated deploy and test process;
verifying that stuff is there before you run the more complex tests.

To use: drop into your axis webapp, or any other webapp that uses the Axis
libraries. Point browser at it. read response.

Feature creep: customise install hints based on server identity, probe for
more things, like xml signing.

I want to add this to beta-3 with some docs unless anyone has any major
objections. Given the #of emails on getting axis to work with tomcat, I hope
nobody will veto the idea.

-Steve