Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dimuthu Leelarathne <mu...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2002/09/03 06:22:10 UTC

No such operation fault in doc\lit

I send this mail yesterday, but it doesn't appear in the list today. It has
got lost somehow, So I am sending it again. If there are multiple copies I
am really sorry about it.

hi,

I am hoping to write a doc/literal sample that does not use wsdl so that new
users can use it to understand doc/literal services without going into wsdl.
But I get a very puzzling behavior.
My soap message looks like this ...( good old purchaseOrder example).

<soapenv:Body>
<PurchaseOrder xmlns="urn:DoclitOrder">
<description xmlns="">Wood carving of an Elephant</description>
<item xmlns="">ER234</item>
<quantity xmlns="">1</quantity>
</PurchaseOrder>
</soapenv:Body>

But I get a fault string
 faultString: No such operation &apos; PurchaseOrder &apos;&#xd;
but the operation name ( whis is "process") travels in the http header. My
HTTP header is;

POST /axis/services/ProcessOrder
HTTP/1.0Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8Accept: application/soap+xml,
application/dime, multipart/related, text/*

I am using Axis - 1.0 for server side and TomCat 4.1.24. Now if I manually
replace the word "PurchaseOrder" with "process" in the SOAPMessage using
tcpMonitor. Everything works fine. I have given the wsdd I wrote below.

<service name="ProcessOrder" provider="java:RPC" style="document">
<parameter name="className" value="samples.doclit.SimpleProcessor"/>
<beanMapping
xmlns:ns="urn:DoclitOrder"
qname="ns:PurchaseOrder"
type="java:samples.doclit.PurchaseOrder"
encodingStyle=""
/>
</service>

Any input is really appriciated.