Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by j <jt...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/13 23:16:43 UTC

uniqueKey and custom fieldType

Does fieldType have any effect on the thing that I specify should be unique?

uniqueKey has been working for me up until recently. I change the
field that is unique from type "string" to a fieldType that I have
defined. Now when I do an update I get a newly created document (so
that I have duplicates).

Has anyone else had this problem before?

Re: uniqueKey and custom fieldType

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
In order to make even a guess, we'd have to see your new
field type. Particularly its field definitions and the analysis
chain...

Best
Erick