Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matt Parlane <ma...@zevi.net> on 2002/02/22 04:46:57 UTC

Need to restart to change vhosts and other options

Hello all...

I have been looking through the documentation, and I am surprised to see
that one must restart Apache to get it to re-read the config files!

This means of course, that to add a virtual host, one must cut off all
client connections...  this is so far the only thing I can see which IIS has
over Apache.  Surely this is a high priority to be changed in v2?

Any opinions?

Cheers,

Matt Parlane
Zevi Interactive
matt@zevi.net

RE: Need to restart to change vhosts and other options

Posted by Matt Parlane <ma...@zevi.net>.
ah... good... I'll pull my head in then

I should have rtfm a bit more...

:)

Graceful restart does _not_ drop existing connections:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/stopping.html

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.