Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Manolis Mavrikis <ma...@maths.ed.ac.uk> on 2003/03/04 20:11:17 UTC

sos - problem with Vector

Dear all,

  I just started using XMLRPC and I am using it from an applet calling a server
to log user interaction as I need it for a research project I am working with
and I am a few hours before the experiment and look what happened :

  My knowledge in RPC is generally limited but I thought certain kind of objects
can be passed around and I based all my design to sending a Vector from the
applet to the server but it seems that it doesn't work :-(. What am I asking may
be stupid (as I understand that sending the vector would try to call the
method with appropriate number of parameters etc) but could you tell me if there
is any way to send a whole vector (or array) to the serve and if that would make things faster
than sending the individual strings.

  Prompt replies will be appreciated... it's really urgent !

Manolis

ps. I use org.apache.cmlrpc.XmlRpcClient

at the server side : public void log(Vector v) {
			... //stores info for user v.get(0);
                  }

and from the applet:

      server.executeAsync("logserver.log",v,null);

Evrything works fine if I just send a string

RE: sos - problem with Vector

Posted by David Oppenheim <do...@pingtel.com>.
The only problem I have had with the Java implementation of xml-rpc is when
I try to send a null object or an empty vector.  Could that be the problem?

Dave Oppenheim
Pingtel