Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Koen Segers <Ko...@scarlet.be> on 2005/02/20 22:32:36 UTC

foreach with textfield

Hi,

I'm trying to create something like the todo-example from the tapestry in
action book. A foreach over the number of layers that a course has. These
layernames can be changed by the user. (I believe this was impossible with
todo-example)

How do I create this?
Do I need to set the value property of the foreach?  (problem with setName)
Do I need to keep a local list of layers and update the old list when the form
is submitted?  What about the index? When render the newlist?
(pageBeginRenderer didn't do the job)
What about validators? If a layername isn't correct only the last layername is
colored red.

Maybe I need to change the layout:
a Directlink instead of a textfield. Insert a parameter to the directlink and
activate a different page where I can change the value of only 1 layer.

I prefer the first solution. But maybe it is impossible...

Any ideas?

Greetz
--

Koen Segers