Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Ashraf Janan <as...@yahoo.com> on 2013/10/01 11:04:58 UTC

Automatic Date

Hi Guys,

Please how can i create automatic date (year,day,month) in couchDB field.
I want to send Email and i want to appear date for message that i sent to my client.
What is the best way to do that ?

Best regards
Ashraf

Re: Automatic Date

Posted by Mike Marino <mm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashraf,

Your best bet is to use document update functions written by you that will
fill this field for you:

http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/ddocs.html#update-functions
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Document_Update_Handlers

When posting/putting a new document, it means you have to post/put using
this function.

Cheers,
Mike