Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by Thomas Johnsson <jo...@crt.se> on 2002/10/07 15:00:51 UTC

abstract syntax trees for class files?

Hi,

has anyone implemented some form of abstract syntax for class files,
on top of BCEL?  That is, some sort of AST for a class file, on higher
level ie closer to Java, than the instruction lists etc that the BCEL
provides?  What I'm after is to be able to *construct* from scratch a
class file given a description on the form of an AST, with statements
and expressions, rather than byte code instructions.

(I'm not primarily interested in loading/manipulate an existing class
files in this regard.)

I'd be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks in advance,
-- Thomas Johnsson

Re: abstract syntax trees for class files?

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt>.
Hi,

http://cglib.sourceforge.net is some API for code generation.
It uses "callback" to "hide" class file format (java.lang.reflect.Proxy
style), but I am not sure it can help for you.
Try to find some ASM for JAVA,
 something like JASMIN http://mrl.nyu.edu/~meyer/jasmin/.