Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by "Kobler-Morris, Sven" <sv...@sap.com> on 2014/07/23 17:02:27 UTC

Java Script library Name voting result

Hi,

for the name the majority is for "OlingoJS".

So we use OlingoJS as name.

Regards,
Sven

Posted by Mark Stafford <ma...@microsoft.com>.
I agree very strongly with Yi. The "official" (defined as a library primarily sponsored by members of the TC) set of libraries should not have unique brands attached to them. Case in point, the .NET library is simply called OData Client for .NET. I believe that introducing unique brands will simply cause OData newcomers confusion. When I search for "OData" and "JavaScript" and see "Breeze.js" and "Olingo.js" show up as results, it's very difficult to distinguish which is the "official" client. I think the best thing we can do for the OData community is try to adopt naming conventions that focus on the OData brand. I think it's perfectly fine to use OlingoJS in namespaces and code, but when searching for the library on Bower or NuGet I'd much rather see us use the name OData.js or OData Client for JavaScript. If we can agree on a naming convention we will try to bring the name of the .NET client into conformance.

Thanks,
Mark