Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com> on 2003/05/26 07:41:39 UTC

James Crashing.. Where do I look to find out why?

Hi all,

Twice today I found james not running... where can I look to find out why?
Which log file might have information on such a thing?

Thanks,
Kenny Smith

RE: James Crashing.. Where do I look to find out why?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Kenny,

ls -lastr will sort the logs, with the most recent at the bottom.

grep the logs for exceptions, including the one in that phoenix logs to.  If
necessary, start James with run.sh from a console window.

What version of James?

	--- Noel