Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by virajn <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/09 08:07:47 UTC

CXF 3.0.0 JavaToWS Error

I'm using CXF 3.0.0 and tried to generate WSDL from java interface. My build
is a ant build.

I used org.apache.cxf.tools.java2ws.JavaToWS as following

 <java classname="org.apache.cxf.tools.java2ws.JavaToWS" fork="true"
failonerror="true">
      <arg value = "-databinding"/>
      <arg value="aegis"/>
      <arg value = "-wsdl"/>
      <arg value="-d"/>
      <arg value="target/src/generated-source"/>
      <arg value="com.sample.TestInterface"/>
      <classpath>
           <path refid="cxf.classpath"/>
      </classpath>
</java>

cxf.classpath has all the jars from cxf 3.0.0 lib folder.
TestInterface has annotated using @WebService and @WebParam

I got following error.
Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: No ASM
ClassWriterFound

How can i fix this ?

Re: CXF 3.0.0 JavaToWS Error

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Jul 9, 2014, at 2:07 AM, virajn <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using CXF 3.0.0 and tried to generate WSDL from java interface. My build
> is a ant build.
>
> I used org.apache.cxf.tools.java2ws.JavaToWS as following
>
> <java classname="org.apache.cxf.tools.java2ws.JavaToWS" fork="true"
> failonerror="true">
>      <arg value = "-databinding"/>
>      <arg value="aegis"/>
>      <arg value = "-wsdl"/>
>      <arg value="-d"/>
>      <arg value="target/src/generated-source"/>
>      <arg value="com.sample.TestInterface"/>
>      <classpath>
>           <path refid="cxf.classpath"/>
>      </classpath>
> </java>
>
> cxf.classpath has all the jars from cxf 3.0.0 lib folder.
> TestInterface has annotated using @WebService and @WebParam
>
> I got following error.
> Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: No ASM
> ClassWriterFound

You really should just only need the cxf-manifest.jar to be on the classpath.  The rest should be grabbed via it’s manifest.   That could simplify things a bit.

In anycase, make sure asm-3.3.1.jar is on the classpath.  HOWEVER, if you are using Java8, you may need to replace that with the latest asm-5.x version.

--
Daniel Kulp