Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Claire Yuan <cl...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2017/05/24 21:35:52 UTC

Problem when trying to specify the runner in examples

Hi all,  When I tried specify the runner in command for the examples:    mvn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass=org.apache.beam.examples.WordCount -Dexec.args="--output=wordcount.txt --runner=FlinkRunner"
  The building was failed and got error message as:Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.5.0:java (default-cli) on project beam-examples-java: An exception occured while executing the Java class. null: InvocationTargetException: Unknown 'runner' specified 'FlinkRunner', supported pipeline runners [DirectRunner] -> [Help 1]
   I am wondering if anyone got the same issue and how you solved it.

Re: Problem when trying to specify the runner in examples

Posted by Claire Yuan <cl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Thanks for helping with running the examples command!
Claire

    On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:46 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:

 Hi,

you have to provide the profile: -Pflink-runner.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Problem when trying to specify the runner in examples

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Thomas Groh <tg...@google.com>.
You should specify the Flink profile when you execute, with
'-Pflink-runner'. That will add the Flink dependency to your classpath when
you execute the pipeline.