Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Bala Ramakrishnan (balar)" <ba...@cisco.com> on 2005/05/12 21:00:50 UTC

SAXException - Invalid element error

This topic seems to have been discussed before, but I could not get a
clear picture.

I am getting the error below:

 org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in
com.cisco.nm.wlse.xmlapi.inventory.gencode.DeviceDetail - deviceType
2005-04-28 10:33:19,828 [_WlseProcessors:Pooled Thread:2] ERROR
com.cisco.nm.mom.util.WlseXmlApiHelper.invoke() - AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in
com.cisco.nm.wlse.xmlapi.inventory.gencode.DeviceDetail - deviceType
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
 stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in
com.cisco.nm.wlse.xmlapi.inventory.gencode.DeviceDetail - deviceType
 at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.onStartChild(BeanDeseriali
zer.java:252)
 at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.startElement(Deseria
lizationContextImpl.java:893)
 at
org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:
200)
 at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.j
ava:684)
 at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java:241)
 at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java:265)
 at
com.cisco.nm.wlse.xmlapi.inventory.gencode.InventorySoapBindingStub.getD
eviceDetail(InventorySoapBindingStub.java:471)
 at
a:39)
 at
Impl.java:25)
 at
com.cisco.nm.mom.util.WlseXmlApiHelper.invoke(WlseXmlApiHelper.java:152)
 at $Proxy3.getDeviceDetail(Unknown Source)
 at
com.cisco.nm.mom.wlsess.AccessPoints.updateAPInfo(AccessPoints.java:80)
 at
com.cisco.nm.mom.wlsess.WlseDevice.updateWlseInfo(WlseDevice.java:591)
 at com.cisco.nm.mom.wlsess.WlseDevice.updateWlse(WlseDevice.java:443)
 at
com.cisco.nm.mom.wlsess.RedundancyProcessor.processDcrAddModPingEvent(Re
dundancyProcessor.java:187)
 at
com.cisco.nm.mom.wlsess.WlseDCREventProcessor.processUpdateEvent(WlseDCR
EventProcessor.java:219)
 at
com.cisco.nm.mom.wlsess.WlseDCREventProcessor.run(WlseDCREventProcessor.
java:123)
 at com.cisco.nm.mom.util.ThreadPool$1.run(ThreadPool.java:89)
==========
The class com.cisco.nm.wlse.xmlapi.inventory.gencode.DeviceDetail is
included below:

/**
 * DeviceDetail.java
 *
 * This file was auto-generated from WSDL
 * by the Apache Axis WSDL2Java emitter.
 */

package com.cisco.nm.wlse.xmlapi.inventory.gencode;

public class DeviceDetail  implements java.io.Serializable {
    private com.cisco.nm.wlse.xmlapi.DeviceId id;
    private java.lang.String ipAddress;
    private java.lang.String hostname;
    private java.lang.String product;
    private java.lang.String version;
    private java.lang.String deviceType;
    private long timeLastDiscovered;
    private java.lang.String sysObjectID;
    private java.lang.String sysName;
    private java.lang.String sysLocation;
    private java.lang.String subnet;
    private java.lang.String dnsName;
    private java.lang.String userDefinedDescr;
    private java.lang.String[] SSIDs;
    private int[] vlanIDs;
    private java.lang.String[] macAddresses;
    private java.lang.String[] radioMacAddresses;
    private java.lang.String serialNumber;
    private int wdsMode;

}

=====
I have seen discussions pertaining to such problems if there are array
or complex types in the class. This code was generated by wsdl2java
utility and the wsdl itself was generated from java2wsdl.

Axis 1.0 is the version being used. Is this problem fixed in the latest
release Axis 1.2? if not, am I doing something wrong?

All answers and help are very much appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

Re: SAXException - Invalid element error

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Could you send us your WSDL and SOAP messages?