Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Minny <my...@aegonusa.com> on 2011/02/08 22:06:08 UTC

Re: Unable to classload servlet class using SharedLib GBean

I am trying to access the shared library in var/shared/lib director from the
war project, but I keep getting this error "Deployment FailedClassloader for
WebApp_IDcan't find Could not fully load class:".  Here is my
geronimo-application.xml file which has the sharedlib as a dependency, but
the war project is still not able to find the sharedlib.  Can someone tell
me what's wrong with the following geronimo-application.xml?  This file is
in the ear file under the meta-inf directory.

<application
xmlns:app="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2"
application-name="MYApp">
 <sys:environment>
    <sys:moduleId>
      <sys:groupId>test</sys:groupId>
      <sys:artifactId>MYApp</sys:artifactId>
      <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
      <sys:type>ear</sys:type>
    </sys:moduleId>
    <sys:dependencies/>
    <sys:inverse-classloading/>
  </sys:environment>

      <module>
        <web>MYApp.war</web>
           <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
            <sys:environment>
                <sys:moduleId>
                    <sys:groupId>test</sys:groupId>
                    <sys:artifactId>MYApp</sys:artifactId>
                    <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
                    <sys:type>war</sys:type>
                </sys:moduleId>
                <sys:dependencies>
                    <sys:dependency>

<sys:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</sys:groupId>
                        <sys:artifactId>sharedlib</sys:artifactId>
						<sys:type>car</sys:type>
                   </sys:dependency>
                </sys:dependencies>
                <sys:inverse-classloading/>
                </sys:environment>
                <context-root>/MYApp</context-root>
         </web-app>
    </module>
 </application>

Any help would really be appreciated.
Minny

Re: Unable to classload servlet class using SharedLib GBean

Posted by Minny <my...@aegonusa.com>.
Thanks Kevan, I'll go ahead and do that.  We are using Apache Geronimo V2.1.7
which comes packaged in WAS CE with IBM JDK 1.6.0.

Best Regards,
Minny

Re: Unable to classload servlet class using SharedLib GBean

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
OK. I'm out of ideas. What version of Geronimo? If you create a Jira and provide a test case, somebody can take a look...

--kevan

Re: Where is the document or schema of geronimo datasource parameters?

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.
See whether [1] would do any help.

[1].
http://geronimo.apache.org/schemas-2.2/docs/geronimo-connector-1.2.xsd.html

An you may use *<config-property-setting
name="PropertyName">value</config-property-setting>* to configure
datasources as long as the driver supports.

HTH.

Jeff Chi

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 9, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Minny wrote:

> I have several jar files in var\shared\lib directory, and one of them does
> contain the SCESession class.  I tried the following geronimo-application
> xml file,  but received the same error.
>
> <application
> xmlns:app="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0"
> xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2"
> application-name="MYApp">

Closing the loop on this... Discussed with Minny off list. Problem was the schema specification of the deployment plan. Essentially was not a valid deployment plan. The following should work just fine:

<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0"

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Do you have both a geronimo-application.xml in the ear and a geronimo-web.xml in the war?  If so I think the part of g-a.xml referring to the web app is ignored in favor of the geronimo-web.xml.  They definitely aren't merged.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 9, 2011, at 8:40 AM, Minny wrote:

> Down below is the stack trace.
>
> Deployment FailedClassloader for WebApp_IDcan't find Could not fully load
> class: flow.AppRoot
> due to:com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCESession
> in classLoader:
> [org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader
> id=default/Application_ID_MYApp.war/1297258411134/car]
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Classloader for
> WebApp_IDcan't find Could not fully load class: flow.AppRoot
> due to:com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCESession
> in classLoader:
> [org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader
> id=default/Application_ID_MYApp.war/1297258411134/car]
>
> The jar file is definitely in the right directory and readable.  Including
> the sharedlib dependency on geronimo-web.xml in the war works fine, but we
> are trying to stay with on geronimo deployment file in the ear.

And com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCESession is in the sharedlib jar?

Did you try moving your dependency from your web-app module to the application?I would assume the following would work:

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 8, 2011, at 4:39 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> That looks OK to me at first glance.  Can you show the stack trace?  And can you indicate what the class is and its inheritance hierarchy?  Sometimes NoClassDefFoundErrors show up when a superclass or implemented interface is not in an appropriate classloader.

Right. Typically that message would look something like:

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Classloader for
WebApp_IDcan't find Could not fully load class: org.foo/Bar due to:Lorg/foo/Baz;

Where org.foo.Baz could not be found... Are you sure all the necessary jars are in var/shared/lib and the jars are readable?

That "WebApp_IDcan't find" should be cleaned up. That's gibberish.

--kevan

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.