Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andrey Larionov <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/30 12:45:02 UTC

About stateless applications

I want to create stateless application. Which aproach i should use.

For example i have an some pagination component similar to GridPager,
but less coupled to paginating component. In Tapestry current page is
stored in  Persist field. WHat is alternative solution? Can i use
onActivate/onPassivate to store value across requests produced by
clicking on a page link?

Thank

PS. Sorry for my english. Please ask questions if something is
ununderstandable, i'll try to explain it broader.

Re: About stateless applications

Posted by Andrey Larionov <an...@gmail.com>.
thanks, but its requires to create such code on every page

Posted by Sergey Didenko <se...@gmail.com>.
Another alternative is to pass page activation context as action
context, then initialize and  return component as AJAX response:

The code may require some cleanup, but the idea is the following:

tml:

<form t:id="form1" t:type="Form" t:context="someId" t:zone="someZone-${someId}">

java:

        @Parameter
        private long someId

	@Component
	private TestComponent testComponent;

	protected void setupRender() {
                // that is called during page request
		testComponent.set( getSomeIdFromPageActivationContext() );
	}

	Object onSubmitFromForm1( long someId ) {
                // setupRender is not called for AJAX request
                // so we pass someId as action context here
		if ( request.isXHR() ) {
			testComponent.set( someId );
			return testComponent;
		} else {
			return null;
		}
	}

Posted by cordenier christophe <ch...@gmail.com>.
You're welcome, hope this helps you to choose the good solution for your
needs.

Posted by Andrey Larionov <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course, we could implement that too. Any implementation hints? :D

I'm sorry i don't go that further :)

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: About stateless applications

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:49:52 -0300, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> We definitely should rise a vote for a configuration symbol:
> tapestry.make-my-life-easier to be set default to true :)

Tapestry already does that, no? :)

http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

Re: About stateless applications

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrey Larionov <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jack Nuzbit <fn...@googlemail.com>.
I wrote a paging component that I think would do what you want. The
component takes a PageSource implementation which acquires the paged list of
items for display and also constructs the page activation context for any
paging links - so there's no need for any @Persist annotations.

Here's my blog post if you want to take a look: tapestry paging
component<http://norobotblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/leaf-super-easy-paging-for-tapestry5.html>

Cheers,

Jack

Posted by cordenier christophe <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrey Larionov <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by cordenier christophe <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrey Larionov <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by cordenier christophe <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Posted by Robin Komiwes <od...@gmail.com>.
Storing the value using onActivate/onPassivate should effectively work. But
you will need to implement a new grid pager.