Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> on 2017/10/03 14:11:39 UTC

Re: Releasing 1.2.1

Thanks Olaf!
I see all the slaves images are now back to normal.

I'll have a national holiday tomorrow and I'd like to spend it on Bigtop
1.2.1 release.
Right now, we're blocked by two issues:

Crunch build failed: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-2900
GPDB build failed: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-2901

I've provided a workaround patch in BIGTOP-2900, however I have completely
no idea for BIGTOP-2901.
Since I've raised the problem few days ago, if no one has time to fix it,
I'd like to propose to disable GPDB in 1.2.1 release.
That means in 1.2.1 release there is no GPDB binary artifact available, but
we can still refine GPDB's quality in the master branch.

How do you think?

Re: Releasing 1.2.1

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

I'm slowly finalizing 1.2.1 release. Please hang on.
Will do an announcement when everything is ready.

Best,
Evans

Re: Releasing 1.2.1

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.