Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2005/11/04 15:57:26 UTC

Action Items: Jakarta Http Components

So, to move HttpClient up we need:

1) svn move (what is the new svn directory name to be?)
2) update the asf-authorization file
3) update the Jakarta navigation etc
4) move the httpclient site
5) make sure htaccess redirect is in place from old site
6) mailing list rename
7) what am I missing?

2 has to be the PMC chair, so once I know what 1) is I'll do both 1 and 2
at the same time. 6 means a request of to asf-infrastructure.

Hen

Re: Action Items: Jakarta Http Components

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 09:57:26AM -0500, Henri Yandell wrote:

> So, to move HttpClient up we need:
>
> 1) svn move (what is the new svn directory name to be?)

Done. The svn directory can be found here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpcomponents/

> 2) update the asf-authorization file
> 3) update the Jakarta navigation etc
> 4) move the httpclient site

We would like to keep Jakarta Commons HttpClient where it is until
Jakarta HttpClient 4.0 is ready (has an RC quality release). Jakarta
Commons HttpClient and Jakarta HttpComponents will have to co-exist for
an interim period of time

> 5) make sure htaccess redirect is in place from old site

We are working on getting the new site up, which will point at the
existing HttpClient site

> 6) mailing list rename
> 7) what am I missing?

We have an action plan in the HttpClient Wiki. Feel free to put it to a
good use

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpComponentsActionPlan

> 2 has to be the PMC chair, so once I know what 1) is I'll do both 1 and 2
> at the same time. 6 means a request of to asf-infrastructure.

Many thanks for helping us

Cheers,

Oleg

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
Hen,

please have a look at
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpComponentsActionPlan where
we have already started putting together such a list.

As you may notice, 1) has already been done :-)

Cheers

Odi