Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de> on 2017/12/20 18:14:49 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday Dezember 21, 9:30 AM Pacific Time (PST)

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Thursday, Dezember 21 at 9:30 AM Pacific Time (PST) to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

We use the new dial-in for audio and video. You need a Skype account to join.
https://join.skype.com/euV54RJwJBcf

Agenda:

1. JDO-770 "Switch from svn to git" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-770
2. JDO-766 "Support more JDBC-aware databases in JDO TCK" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-766
3. JIRA JDO-769 "Revise PMFMapMapTest test cases using two class loaders" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-769
4. Need to resolve specification lead issue now that Craig is no longer working for Oracle.
5. JDO 3.1: Need to go through change lists in JIRA for 3.1 RC1 and 3.1 to prepare JCP Change Log
6. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Oct 30 2015] AI Craig: File a maintenance review with JCP
[Apr 17 2015] AI Craig: Oracle spec page on JDO need to be updated once the JCP Maintenance Release for JDO 3.1 is published
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to address NoSQL datastores": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?
[Feb 28 2014] AI Everyone: take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-712
[Feb 28 2014] AI Everyone: take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-625
[Dec 13 2013] AI Craig file a JIRA for java.sql.Blob and java.sql.Clob as persistent field types
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about JDOHelper methods. In process.

Regards Michael

--
Michael Bouschen
akquinet tech@spree GmbH

E-Mail: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de <ma...@akquinet.de>
Web:   www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de/>

Amtsgericht Berlin HRB 86780 • USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

[Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/akquinet>  [XING]
<https://www.xing.com/companies/akquinetag>  [G+]
<https://plus.google.com/b/111054946250796705170/+akquinet/posts>
[LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/akquinet-ag>  [Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/akquinet>

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday Dezember 21, 9:30 AM Pacific Time (PST)

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Craig Russell

Next meeting: Thursday January 4, 2018 0930 Pacific
Happy Holidays to all, and to all a gute nacht.

Agenda:

1. JDO-770 "Switch from svn to git" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-770

The biggest benefit is that external people already using git can submit patches via pull requests.

Many projects use multiple git repositories. This might not be an issue for the jdo project. We could consider splitting out the api part of the project into a separate repository because it is independent of the others. But developers of the api will also need to be developers of the tck in order to validate any changes. And people who just want to use the api will not use the repository at all, since they can download the api from a maven binary repository. So splitting jdo into multiple repositories probably does not make sense.

The question is what kind of repository we would ask for. Infra supports read-only git mirror. Dual master looks like it may be an alternative in order to continue to use svn. Another reasonable alternative is to switch over and abandon svn.

Any objections to migrating our repository from svn to gitbox? Also read-only mirror on github?

Any volunteers?

[...]

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org