Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Benjamin Brown <be...@mandoforms.com> on 2005/12/01 11:25:55 UTC

Using James on a read only file system

Hi,

This is a bit of a big post but please reply to any part you can.

I've need to put the james server pre configured on laptops via Windows
synchronization, this is a read only file system, the server is to be
used for SMTP only as part of another product.

I need to disable as much logging and any other write access to the
local directory as possible (since it is read only), currently I receive
the message on startup:
Java.io.FileNotFoundException: Z:\james\logs\phoenix.log (Access is
denied)
I've also not seen any mention of the phoenix log in the Avalon part of
the config, where is it configured? I know there are ways of setting
different log levels in environment.xml but I want to disable it
completely, how do I do this?

I realise I also need to point the SMTP repository to C:\Windows\Temp or
similar, are there any other processes that require write access?

Thanks in advance,

Benjamin