Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Aviran <am...@infosciences.com> on 2004/07/20 21:19:36 UTC

Making a get method for SortField[] fields; in the Sort object

I'm have my own Collector and I would like to use the Sort object within my
collector, but SortField[] fields; is not accessible outside Lucene's
package.
Can you please consider making a public getFields() method in the Sort
object so we can use it in our implementation?

I know I can change the code and recompile Lucene. But it would be nice to
use the standard implementation.

Aviran

RE: Making a get method for SortField[] fields; in the Sort object

Posted by Aviran <am...@infosciences.com>.
diff -r1.7 Sort.java
215a216,224

>   /**
>    * Representation of the sort criteria
>    * @return Array of SortField objects used in this sort criteria
>    */
>   public SortField[] getSortFields()
>   {
>       return fields;
>   }

This sounds reasonable to me.  Can you please send a diff, complete with
javadoc, etc?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.