Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2011/11/05 00:54:53 UTC

SF Apache Mahout User Meeting (MUM) Nov 29th @ Lucid Imagination HQ

For those interested in Apache Mahout in the Bay Area,

I'd like to invite you to a Mahout User Meetup (I liked MUM better than MUG) on Nov. 29th at Lucid Imagination.  Unlike previous informal meetups we've had, this one is going to be a bit more formal, in the sense that we are going to have two speakers giving presentations related to Mahout: Ted Dunning,  MapR and Grant Ingersoll of Lucid Imagination (me).  Both Ted and Grant are long time committers on the Mahout project.

Ted's talk:  How and why random projections work?

Mine: Using Mahout to Cluster, Classify and Recommend in Large Scale Email Collections

Doors open at 6:30 for pizza and drinks.  Talks start at 7:15.

Location, Details and RSVP are at http://sf-mahout-11-11.eventbrite.com.  Please let us know you are coming so we can plan food/drinks accordingly

Hope to see you there,
Grant

Re: SF Apache Mahout User Meeting (MUM) Nov 29th @ Lucid Imagination HQ

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On 05.11.2011 Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> I'll see what we can do.

At a Berlin Ignite they used a simple photo camera with taping functionality.
Also blip.tv offers free hosting for videos - at least last time I checked.

Isabel

Re: SF Apache Mahout User Meeting (MUM) Nov 29th @ Lucid Imagination HQ

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
I'll see what we can do.

On Nov 5, 2011, at 1:13 PM, Dawid Weiss wrote:

> I agree, videos would be awesome.
>
> Dawid
>
> On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Sebastian Schelter
> <ss...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Would be awesome if you could videotape the talks!
>> Am 05.11.2011 00:54 schrieb "Grant Ingersoll" <gs...@apache.org>:
>>
>>> For those interested in Apache Mahout in the Bay Area,
>>>
>>> I'd like to invite you to a Mahout User Meetup (I liked MUM better than
>>> MUG) on Nov. 29th at Lucid Imagination.  Unlike previous informal meetups
>>> we've had, this one is going to be a bit more formal, in the sense that we
>>> are going to have two speakers giving presentations related to Mahout: Ted
>>> Dunning,  MapR and Grant Ingersoll of Lucid Imagination (me).  Both Ted and
>>> Grant are long time committers on the Mahout project.
>>>
>>> Ted's talk:  How and why random projections work?
>>>
>>> Mine: Using Mahout to Cluster, Classify and Recommend in Large Scale Email
>>> Collections
>>>
>>> Doors open at 6:30 for pizza and drinks.  Talks start at 7:15.
>>>
>>> Location, Details and RSVP are at http://sf-mahout-11-11.eventbrite.com.
>>>  Please let us know you are coming so we can plan food/drinks accordingly
>>>
>>> Hope to see you there,
>>> Grant

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com