Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2013/04/16 20:01:30 UTC

problems deploying maven artifacts for 10.10.1.1

I hope that Kristian is still monitoring this mail group.

I am trying to deploy maven artifacts for 10.10.1.1 and am flummoxed
about what to do next. I am following the instructions in maven2/README.txt.

I have successfully finished steps (a) through (d). That is, I have
successfully completed the uploading of the signed artifacts. At least,
I think I've done that step successfully. I saw no error messages and I
received informational diagnostics like the following:

"Uploaded:
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/derby/derby/10.10.1.1/derby-10.10.1.1.jar
(2765 KB at 271.2 KB/sec)"

However, I am unable to locate the uploaded artifacts. If I paste the
above url into my browser and then give my Apache LDAP credentials, I
get the following error message:

"Staging of Repository within profile ID='288be52400f0b' is not yet
started!"

...and if I log onto Nexus at https://repository.apache.org/, I can't
locate a staging repository for the 10.10.1.1 artifacts as expected by
step (e) in README.txt.

Anyone know what I did wrong? Did I fail to RTFM? Is there a missing
step which isn't documented in README.txt and
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleasePublication? Has the process
changed since those two guides were written?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: problems deploying maven artifacts for 10.10.1.1

Posted by Kristian Waagan <kr...@apache.org>.
Den 17. apr. 2013 19:10 skrev "Myrna van Lunteren" <m....@gmail.com>
følgende:

> I looked too yesterday when you sent the message and couldn't find it.
Maybe there's just a longish time lag between the upload and things
becoming visible.

Hi Myrna,

I've never experienced a delay before, but maybe there was a hickup this
time. If the delay persists we should ask infra about it.

Kristian

> Myrna
>

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 5:31 AM, Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>
wrote:

>> On 4/16/13 1:26 PM, kristwaa wrote:
>>>
>>> Rick Hillegas wrote

>>> Hi Rick,
>>>
>>> I can see the repository in Nexus, but it's still in the open state.
>>> Have you tried to close it?
>>
>> Thanks, Kristian. I can see it now too. I have closed and released it.
Don't know why I couldn't find it yesterday.

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.

Posted by kristwaa <kr...@apache.org>.
Rick Hillegas wrote

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
If you got those positive messages, you're likely further than what I
managed to do for 10.8.3...

For 10.8.3, I did not change server.xml appropriately, I am assuming you
managed to do all that...
Perhaps you can just do the madman's approach and try the same thing again
and hope for a different result?

Not very helpful message, sorry.

Myrna