Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yangrui Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/31 21:17:11 UTC

Solr getting irrelevant results when use block join

Hi I'm using solr to search imdb database. I set the parent entity to
include the name for each actor/actress and child entity for his movies.
Because user might either enter a movie or a person I did not specify which
entity solr should return. When I just search q=Kate AND Winslet without
block join solr returned me the correct result. However, when I search
{!parent which="type:parent"}+(Kate AND Winslet) solr seemed to have
returned all document containing just term "Kate". I tried quoting the
terms but the order needs to be exactly "Kate Winslet". Is there any method
I can boost higher the score of the document which includes the terms in
the same field?

Yangrui

Re: Solr getting irrelevant results when use block join

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
This will probably work better without child documents and joins.

I would denormalize into actor documents and movie documents. At least, that’s what I did at Netflix.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org