Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by nik600 <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/04 00:01:39 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] How to use shared memory btw mpm workers in custom module

i'm using 2.2.x i've implemented a shared memory segment using apr_shm_*
functions but i've noticed that if i access to this segment
in ap_hook_handler i can see it and operate with it, but
in ap_hook_translate_name the pointer to the shm segment is null.

Any idea or suggestion?

Thanks

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 2:41 PM, nik600 <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've implemented a custom module to handle some translate hooks.
> >
> > I'd like to add some stats info so i need some shared memory between all
> the
> > workers.
> >
> > Can you point me to the right resources/documentation/example about it?
> >
> > Basically i'd like to increment some counters and then show them if i
> > receive a specific request.
>
> If you only need 2.4, you can see how mod_proxy_balancer uses the
> services of mod_slotmem. Otherwise, a good reference might be
> mod_proxy_balancer in 2.2.x.

/*************/
nik600
http://www.kumbe.it

Re: [users@httpd] How to use shared memory btw mpm workers in custom module

Posted by nik600 <ni...@gmail.com>.
ok, i've understand where is the problem:

if i have a directive configuration (ie):

static const command_rec directives[] = {
AP_INIT_TAKE1("KcacheEnabled",
kcache_set_enabled, NULL, RSRC_CONF,
"KcacheEnabled must have Off or On value"), { NULL } };

And the apache config has the parameter KcacheEnabled the shared memory
segment resets.

Is is a merge configuration problem?

Any hint?

Thanks