Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Yiping Zhang <yz...@marketo.com> on 2014/12/19 00:48:32 UTC

how to add back xen hypervisor host?

Hi, All:

I have a lab CS instance running 4.3.1 and today my only xen hypervisor crashed  so I have to rebuild it.  I have already deleted all user VM instances, so only SSVM, CPVM and VR are running at this time.

Here is what I did:

 1.  Put zone in maintenance
 2.  Put xen host in maintenance
 3.  Delete xen host from CS
 4.  Rebuild xen hypervisor, set network label (I am using basic networking in this lab)
 5.  Add xen hypervisor back into CS

After these steps,  host shows up in CS as up and in enabled state.  I can see a cloud_link_local_network interface is created on host by CS with IP address 169.254.0.1/16.
However,  the primary storage (an nfs volume) is NOT mounted on the host, and there is no SR for the primary storage on the host either.

What’s the proper way to get my NFS primary storage mounted on this xen host ?   Did I miss any steps?

Any help are much appreciated, thanks!

Yiping

RE: how to add back xen hypervisor host?

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.
You could try this, (I believe you mentioned there are not VMs/Volumes pointing to this storage anymore)
1. put the primary storage in maintenance
2. remove primary storage
3. add it back to the pool

Hope that helps.