Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jeremy ∈ Robertson <je...@ldschurch.org> on 2014/03/05 18:40:44 UTC

Exceptions in CXF - return 4xx error code

I’m using CXF 2.5.8 and have created some custom exceptions (using the @WebFault annotation).

These get packaged up as SOAP faults. However, the fault code is Receiver rather than Sender, and the HTTP error code is 500.

The errors are user errors, so I would like these faults to be 400 level errors and have a fault code of Sender, but I’m not seeing a way to do that. Is there a way in CXF to handle this? Can you point me to some documentation that explains what I need to do?

Thanks,
Jeremy Robertson