Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by gu...@cox.net on 2007/08/21 16:50:27 UTC

Using ClientProperties Object for User selectable Timezone.

Currently ClientProperties object has a getTimeZone() method, that
uses BrowserInfoPage's response, to calculate a client's Timezone.

Would it be too much trouble to add a setTimeZone() method, so that
the TimeZone property is user settable ?

I can save a user's preferred timezone, in a user profile object and store that in
a session. But the wicket-datetime java classes, depend on the ClientProperties.timeZone
field, to properly convert dates to-&-fro between the server and client timezones.

So the best place to store a user's preferred timezone seems to be the ClientProperties object .

thanks

Re: Using ClientProperties Object for User selectable Timezone.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/07, gumnaam@cox.net <gu...@cox.net> wrote:
> Currently ClientProperties object has a getTimeZone() method, that
> uses BrowserInfoPage's response, to calculate a client's Timezone.
>
> Would it be too much trouble to add a setTimeZone() method, so that
> the TimeZone property is user settable ?
>
> I can save a user's preferred timezone, in a user profile object and store that in
> a session. But the wicket-datetime java classes, depend on the ClientProperties.timeZone
> field, to properly convert dates to-&-fro between the server and client timezones.
>
> So the best place to store a user's preferred timezone seems to be the ClientProperties object .

Done,

Eelco