Posted to user@poi.apache.org by David Harrison <DH...@psionline.com> on 2014/09/02 22:41:58 UTC

Commercial support for Apache POI?

Hello,

Is there currently a company offering commercial support POI?  If so, please share the details as this will help in evaluation which Java-Excel library to use on a project.

I see some prior reference that commercial support was available for Apache POI through SuperLink. However, I believe that may not be the case anymore. The website does not come up.

Thanks and best regards,
David

RE: Commercial support for Apache POI?

Posted by David Harrison <DH...@psionline.com>.
Hi Nick and all,

Since the Excel read/modify/write capabilities will be used in a critical piece of production software, I believe what we're looking for is the following
* The Excel library to be an SEP (Somebody Else's Problem), should something go wrong.
* Some type of Service Level Agreement for performing priority bug fixes, with contact via email and phone.

This allows the development team to focus on core business and trust that Apache POI bugs that get in the way get fixed promptly.
We're close to making a decision to going with a commercial library,  but I would still like to explore this route.

Please let me know your ideas.

Thanks & best,
David

Posted by David Harrison <DH...@psionline.com>.