Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2013/03/04 16:31:01 UTC

Re: [ACS41][QA] Test plan for List API Performance Optimization

Inline reply.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:09 AM, Sowmya Krishnan
<so...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Thanks for taking time to review the plan David. Answers inline.

Great - perhaps we can talk with Prasanna about getting those
completely automated with jenkins.

>> Are we assuming there will be no slow/long running queries? If there are, it
>> might be interesting to see what those are and if there are database issues we
>> can further work on?
>>
> I usually have the DB log slow queries. I can publish those too as part of the results.
>
>> What is 'failure' of this test? (slower than 4.0.x?, slower than n-percent-faster
>> than 4.0.x?)
>>
> I have some numbers recorded for few List APIs before the API re-factoring was done. I'll take those as baseline and call out failures based on that for a start. Going forward, I'll try to automate the regressions so that we catch issues due to regressions if any.

Can we get the baseline numbers published somewhere? (as well as the
numbers you get in your tests of 4.1?

--David

Re: [ACS41][QA] Test plan for List API Performance Optimization

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
Thanks a lot Sowmya for trying with comparable hardware setup for this
before and after test.

-min

Posted by Sowmya Krishnan <so...@citrix.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Sowmya Krishnan <so...@citrix.com>.
> Great - perhaps we can talk with Prasanna about getting those completely
> automated with jenkins.
Sure. I'll get the scripts to some shape and will get in touch with Prasanna to automate with jenkins

> Can we get the baseline numbers published somewhere? (as well as the numbers
> you get in your tests of 4.1?
Baselines Published here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Performance+Test+Baselines
4.1 Results being published here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/List+API+Performance+Test+Execution
(this is in progress)