Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it> on 2013/07/24 01:00:48 UTC

Flow management

Hi to all,

I need help in understanding how to manage the flow in Flume. More
precisely, I need to call a command that requires a remote call to a rest
service but I don't want to make a DoS to that server..is there a way to
control the number of parallel command running on a flume channel?

Best,

Flavio

Re: Flow management

Posted by Wolfgang Hoschek <wh...@cloudera.com>.
Perhaps you could implement a custom command based on something like the Guava RateLimiter class.

Wolfgang.