Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2017/10/11 17:10:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] looking for RM for HBase 0.98 Phoenix releases

There's a need to continue doing HBase 0.98 releases. I'm looking for a
volunteer to be the RM. This would entail keeping an eye on JIRAs that make
sense to back port to either the 4.12-HBase-0.98 for a point release or the
4.x-HBase-0.98 branch for a minor release. Developers/committers may back
port a JIRA on their own, however this isn't mandatory, so it'd be
important to be on the dev list and keep an eye out for important JIRAs.
Once the RM deems it's time (or perhaps after a set amount of time has
passed), the RM would put together the release bits, run the vote, push the
bits out, etc (see [1]).

Please let us know if you're interested.

Thanks,
James

[1] https://phoenix.apache.org/release.html

Re: [DISCUSS] looking for RM for HBase 0.98 Phoenix releases

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Sounds good James.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [DISCUSS] looking for RM for HBase 0.98 Phoenix releases

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thanks James.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [DISCUSS] looking for RM for HBase 0.98 Phoenix releases

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I volunteer.