Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/12 14:26:38 UTC

[apacheds] LDAPS status

Hi all,

I separated the code which depends on JDK 1.5 from ServerContextFactory so
it can run without a problem when ApacheDS runs on JDK 1.4.  I used dynamic
class loading to resolve this issue.

But for now, it only compiles on JDK 1.5, and server-unit test will pass
only on JDK 1.5, too.  I wanted to disable compilation of SSL-related
classes and LdapsTest, but I couldn't figure out how to do it yet.

I saw Alex did the similar thing in mina-build/pom.xml, but what I want to
do is just to exclude a few classes, not the whole module.

Any hints?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
PGP Key ID: 0x854B996C

Re: [apacheds] LDAPS status

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I separated the code which depends on JDK 1.5 from
> ServerContextFactory so it can run without a problem when ApacheDS
> runs on JDK 1.4.  I used dynamic class loading to resolve this issue.
>
> But for now, it only compiles on JDK 1.5, and server-unit test will
> pass only on JDK 1.5, too.  I wanted to disable compilation of
> SSL-related classes and LdapsTest, but I couldn't figure out how to do
> it yet.
>
> I saw Alex did the similar thing in mina-build/pom.xml, but what I
> want to do is just to exclude a few classes, not the whole module.

You can do something similar to the jdk14 and jdk15 profiles but instead
of excluding a module in the build you simply have a different plugin
section for surefire that excludes the respective 1.5 tests.

I do recommend the isolation of the JDK 1.5 specific SSL code in
apacheds (core) into its own module though.  This way the 1.4 build can
progress without it being included and the server can run on 1.4 as
well.  Like we do with MINA today.  If you have any problems let me know
I can bang it out for you.

Alex