Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Michael Kabalik <mi...@morphisec.com> on 2017/07/02 16:13:16 UTC

question about semitic letters handling

Hello,

i'm trying to create pdf document that supports all languages. and i
encountered a problem with Semitic languages. i'll give you a Hebrew example
when I try writing "d:\new_folder\אבי1234.exe" , I got a problem of
reversed Hebrew letters.
I've managed to construct the Hebrew letters in the correct way by
"mirroring" the Hebrew string only.

But the concatenation of the Hebrew string and the numbers creates a new
problem that i can't understand how to solve:
when the String "d:\new_folder\אבי1234.exe"  is written it writes the
hebrew first and then the numbers
from left to right , and the output is:
[image: Inline image 2]
with word mirroring,(i created a method that reverse the word before
writing to the pdf), and without my mirroring method i'll get
[image: Inline image 3]

do you have a suggestion of how can I solve this problem?

--
Best Regards,
Michael Kabalik

Re: question about semitic letters handling

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Complex scripts (hebrew, arab, thai, indians) and RTL languages are not
supported, sorry.

I can't see the screenshots, these didn't get through.

Just a wild guess - try writing the hebrew part with a hebrew font and
the rest with one of the built-in fonts...

Tilman