Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2004/04/13 16:40:41 UTC

bugzilla weekly reports fixed (I hope)

> Uh? Looks like Jetspeed's (version 1?) bug report is improperly
> sent to cocoon-dev.

I believe I finally spotted, at long last, the problem.  The query used is:

 SELECT bug_id,bug_status,bug_severity,creation_ts,short_desc
   FROM bugs
   WHERE product='$PRODUCT'
     AND bug_status!='CLOSED'
     AND bug_status!='RESOLVED'
   ORDER BY bug_id
   INTO OUTFILE '$FILE'
     FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' LINES TERMINATED BY "\n";

The $FILE variable is initialized as FILE="/tmp/buglog.$$", and is relative
to /export/mysql (chroot jail).  The salient portion of the script looks
like:

  ... query ...
  LINES=`cat /export/mysql/$FILE | wc -l`
  if [ "$LINES" -gt "0" ] ; then
    cat /export/mysql/$FILE | _format $LINES | sendmail -f "$MAIL_FROM"
"$MAIL_TO"
  fi
  rm -f /exprt/mysql/$FILE

See anything wrong that would result in the almost 2000 old buglog files
that were not deleted?  :-)

SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE ... will not overwrite an existing file.  Every week
the likelihood of someone getting the wrong report went up, due to the typo.

Should work fine now.

	--- Noel

Re: bugzilla weekly reports fixed (I hope)

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>Uh? Looks like Jetspeed's (version 1?) bug report is improperly
>>sent to cocoon-dev.
>>

>I believe I finally spotted, at long last, the problem.  The query used is:

<snip/>

>See anything wrong that would result in the almost 2000 old buglog files
>that were not deleted?  :-)

Weird typo... One of those you can read over again and again without
ever noticing them...

>Should work fine now.

I'm glad if I could help fixing the problem ;-)

Sylvain