Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca> on 2008/04/07 01:47:39 UTC

tapestry hibernate breakage in Apr 6 5.0.12-SNAPSHOT

The latest snapshot changed something with tapestry-ioc or tapestry-
hibernate.

I had an ApplicationInitializer in my AppModule:

     public static void
contributeApplicationInitializer
(OrderedConfiguration<ApplicationInitializerFilter> configuration,

org.hibernate.Session session) {
         BootStrapper bootStrapper = new DataBootStrapper(session);
         configuration.add("UserInitializer", bootStrapper);
     }

which then did something like this:

     public DataBootStrapper(Session session) {
         this.session = session;
     }

     public void initializeApplication(Context context,
ApplicationInitializer applicationInitializer) {
         Country ca = new Country("Canada", true);
         session.save(ca);
         applicationInitializer.initializeApplication(context);
     }

This all worked fine until today's snapshot. Now no data is committed
to the database, and no errors are thrown. Even if you wrap with your
own txn, nothing happens:

     public void initializeApplication(Context context,
ApplicationInitializer applicationInitializer) {
	session.beginTransaction();
         Country ca = new Country("Canada", true);
         session.save(ca);
	session.getTransaction().commit();
         applicationInitializer.initializeApplication(context);
     }

Reverting back to a previous tapestry snapshot or 5.0.11 (for ioc,
core, and hibernate) fixes the problem. Anyone know what happened? Do
I need a new approach or is this a regression bug?

Re: tapestry hibernate breakage in Apr 6 5.0.12-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
that will be a problem to all the tapestry-hibernate apps as we all assumes
the transaction will be committed at end of session, now we need to add a
commit ourself. however, i welcome this change.

Posted by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>.

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi Julian,